Monday, April 13, 2009

The ubiquitous RAM

A few friends and I took a walk around Port au Prince on Saturday. We stopped by the Hotel Oloffson again, this time during the day, for an afternoon beverage and to cool off.

Richard A. Morse (RAM), the band leader I mentioned below who is also the manager of the Oloffson, was there. We had the chance to talk with him and have him tell us about several stories about the harassment and attacks that he and has been have been through over the years. Good stories, great guy.

Just now, I googled "Craigslist Haiti" because I'm looking into vehicles for sale here and also places to stay. The first hit was this letter from Richard to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon entitled:


I liked it so much I wanted to put it on my blog.

Thanks, Richard, for standing up for the people of Haiti. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment